Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Good enough for God.

Often times we think: "I believe in God, but I'm not sure if I am ready, if I am good enough, to have a personal relationship with God". Or we just don't pray because we think that we do not know how to pray. What we are doing then with this attitude is creating the self-fulfilled prophesy of our lives without God or prayer because we believe in the self imposed obstacle more than we believe in God. We actually do this with many other things and many other areas in our lives as well. If we ever want to get out of our rut; really begin to believe with our whole hearts in God, in prayer, we have to let go of that obstacle we place before ourselves. No one is greater than the next, we all mess up. Even after we forge into our relationship with God we still mess up, it is human nature, and it is forgiven if our hearts are true. Instead of thinking, "God isn't ready for me because I'm not perfect, or I don't know how to pray so I'll just skip it"; we could think something like, I am not perfect but God wants me anyway so that he can begin to perfect me, or maybe I'll just close my eyes and start talking to God right now, just a hello will do, or a thank you, or for help and guidance, or peace. We just have to get over that fence to get out of these trenches of lifelessness.

No comments:

Post a Comment