Friday, July 9, 2010

The mountian and I

think about how we are much more than we perceive on a day to day basis, in our worries, strides and struggles. It leads me to think not that I am simply just this body, and not even simply just a body that has a soul, but that I am a soul that is more currently entertaining this body. And that it is this same soul that transcends my body; moves beyond the subjective experience of "I myself" and into the objective experience of "I in of itself" or "I am" in that my soul is not only entertaining this body, but it is also entertain that which I usually perceive as my direct environment, and ultimatley a relationship with God. We can stand in the beauty of a mountian side and think, "wow, what a beautiful mountian, I am here and it is there; or, we can think "wow, what a beautiful existence, I am of the same quality which defines the mountain side of which I am able to directly perceive". The mountian and I are of different phenomenon, but we are of the same noumenon. Is this mountian really something separate from a deeper part of what defines me; or, is the real me something that converges with the existence of the mountain, of us both being an expression of the same creation by the same God? The more noumenal self awakening to observe and experience itself in greater depth through our more subjective central nervous systems.

No comments:

Post a Comment