Wednesday, April 14, 2010

So just for kicks (actually to show my instructor that I read the chapter), I came up with a Likert format quiz about Sigmund Freud...

An interesting note on the Likert format is that even numbered likert scale invites the test taker to make a distinctive choice (yes/no; black/white), while the odd numbered scale allows for neutrality.

Since we are young psychologists I will create a Likert format for Sigmund Freud.

1) Do you think Sigmund Freud was accurate in his assessment of the human psyche?
a) very much b) somewhat c) unsure d) not really e) not at all

2) Would you trust Sigmund Freud to put you into hypnosis and administer psychotherapy?
a) You bet! b) maybe c)don't know d) probably not e)No way Jose

3) Do you find Freud to be accurate in his ideas about the Oedipus and Electra complex?
a) absolutely b)a little c) he confuses me d) not so much e) you have got to be kidding!

4) I agree with excessive deduction to the point of nihilism.
a) Not at all ! b) perhaps, but not really C) ??? d) somewhat e) Absolutely, and I like Nietzsche too!

5) Freud probably created his theories based on the need of his own issues with his mother and father.
1) BINGO! 2) probably 3) I like bunnies 4) don't be absurd 5) your mockery is insulting to the greatest psychologist of the early 20th century, NO!

Just for fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment